Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:12:20 -0700

Original Post to list:
I recently tried this dressing which is claimed
by the mfg. to be gluten free at a dinner where
myself and 2 other celiacs were eating. We all
ate the same dinner except one of us did not have a salad.

Us two that had the dressing had a bad reaction.
Has anyone else had this issue with T. Marzetti®
The Ultimate Blue Cheese Dressing, or any others in their "Gluten Free" lineup?

Thanks,
OHS

My Followup: I called the company and they say
their Blue Cheese is made "without a wheat based
starter culture and is gluten free".

I was also told that they label most of their
dressings are "Gluten Free" as they meet the
"FDA's standard of less than 20 ppm of Gluten".
That scares me a bit. As far as I know the FDA
doesn't use the CODEX definition of gluten
free....but I'm not sure. I'm a bit new to eating gluten free.

Most of the products listed on their website have
big GLUTEN FREE logos on the descriptions.

For me, I will be avoiding any Blue cheese
dressings... even though I miss them.

BTW This was a dinner at home, there were no croutons or seasonings.