THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lois Elman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:04:35 -0500
Mary:  When I was your age, I had an over active thyroid which was treated with
radioactive iodine.  Within a month I became severly underactive.  I developed
pains throughout my body which were so severe that I couldn't walk.  I felt
stiff and it was like I had the flu.  I found that moderate exercise helped to
relieve the pain over the long term. I also did water exercises in a warm,
therapy pool. By coincidence or maybe because of the treatment, I went into
metapause.  It has been thirteen years and I no longer get the pain...but the
memory of it lingers...I wish you luck...Lois Elman