Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:20:18 -0500

Earlier I saw a post about Honey cake made with Namaste spice mix.  Sounds yummy!

I want to share my other experiences with this cake mix.

The chocolate mix is absolutely a chocolate lovers dream.  Moist and dense it is scrumptious with german chocolate frosting.  I make cupcakes with peanut butter frosting also.
This chocolate cake with whatever frosting is requested at all birthdays for my coworkers!

I also take the vanilla mix and add mashed bananas for a yummy cake with a caramel frosting.   However, you can also put these in bread loaf pans and pass it off for banana bread because the density is almost identical.  My family and friends ask for this at pot lucks and family functions.  At one talbe folks are eating it like cake with frosting and at another they are eating it like a bread loaded with butter!

I sometimes put orange and lemon peel in the vanilla cake and bake in a bundt pan and then drizzle a powdered sugar icing on top.

I also make the vanilla mix and put fresh strawberries and whip cream on top!

I too like the spice mix  I tend to use it more like coffee cake with a struesel type of topping although I have yet to find a topping that tastes incredible.  The one I use taste good just not fantastic!

Last year at Thanksgiving I made my usual pumpkin cheesecake but wanted to do somethig different with the crust.  I usually grind up a mixture  of GF pecan sandies and ginger cookies.  But I found the crust did not stay together very well.  I ended up mixing up the spice mix and added about 1 cup to my crust mix.  It stayed together and was absolutely delicious.  Will definately make it again this year!

Enjoy!