From:
Carol Hinton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Hinton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:05:09 -0400

I received several responses that should be quite helpful while visiting this
area.  Thank you for taking time to respond.

Many suggested Bonefish Grill near the Destin Commons and Outback in
Destin, both of which have gluten free menus.

One very thorough review gave these suggestions for restaurants in the
Baytown Wharf.
Another Broken Egg Cafe:http://www.anotherbrokenegg.com/.  They have
many omelettes, salads, burgers and fruits.  Bread is kept in a seperate area.

Martin Grill: nice, upscale restaurant will work with you.
http://www.baytownewharf.com/shops_and_din....asp?listing+37

Sweeties: They have sorbet and are able to check ingredients.
http://www.baytownewharf.com/shops_and_din....aso?listing+44

Seaside, FL - restaurants and shopping
Heavenly Shortcakes & Ice Cream had sorbet

Bud & Alley's - several gf options on the menu

Beachwalk - not tried but gf options  http://www.beachwalkcafe.com/

Hilton Hotel & Resort

Barefoots: casual outdoor grill - delivers on the beach.  They have a great
burger and fruit.

Seagars is the only 5 star restaurant in the area.  It is excellant.

The Hilton will work with you if you coordinate in advance.  (I have done this
as we will be attending several catered events.  It is nice to hear good
experiences prior to travel).

This very nice reviewer also heard that Mitchell's Fish Market is going in the
Destin area.

Thank you Jen for giving so much information.

I had a couple of suggestions to order grouper grilled at nearly any seafood
restaurant.  It seems many of us have learned to take this step.

The Crabtrap on the Boardwalk was suggested as a favorite of one.  They
order the grouper basket and ask for the fish to be grilled.  I never thought to
do this.  If fries weren't safe I guess you could substitute slaw.

Acme Oyster House - originally in New Orleans has a restaurant here.  They
use corn flour for their fried shrimp.  Many of the New Orleans seafood
breaders available in the grocery store are corn and gf.  WOW! Gluten free
fried seafood away from home!  Acme is on the opposite side of the street and
not on the water.

I look forward to my visit to the Gulf Coast.  Thanks again for taking time to
respond.