Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:54:00 -0700

I love this.  Everyone has SO much to say.  As more comes in, I'll keep
adding to this.  I originally wrote about my un-diagnosed youngest son's
determination to stay on the diet for the past 6 years & contrasted it with
one of his diagnosed college classmate's lack of compliance with the diet.
I also wrote of the reasons I've strictly stuck to the diet for 7 years.  I
asked for open discussion & comments.  I got lots of cool stuff.  [As usual,
my obnoxious comments in brackets.]
Valerie in Tacoma
------------
I strictly follow the diet because, like you, I don't want the reactions
to"get in my way"!
I, too, fear a time when I may end up in a nursing home and not be able to
communicate my diet needs and have them met.  Of course, the reactions may
give the staff a great reason to comply!
Jean,Copley, Ohio USA
------------------
I have two CD boys, and their symptoms are very different.  One has
diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain and lethargy.  The other gets cranky and gets
migraine headaches.  But their endoscopies were both just as positive.
This girl should seriously consider going GF.   Amy in Milw.
------------------
I'm not sure, but I'll bet sticking with the diet is closely correlated with
personality type.  I'd suspect that Type A 'take charge' folks who have most
of their life organized just would do better with the diet.
I'd be curious to know this about the people who can and do follow the diet.
Do they:
1)    always pay bills on time and have good credit
2)    have control over credit cards and debts
3)    stick with the same job/profession for decades
4)    have a life plan and follow it
5)    always make it to appointments on time
6)    keep promises/commitments even if it's not convenient
7)    have at least one college degree
8)    not do drugs or alcohol or abuse prescription drugs
9)    not have a diagnosis of clinical depression
10)  not have an overly messy home
11)  not compulsively shop or collect lots of 'stuff'
12)  tend to be competitive
13)  refuse to hand control of their health totally over to the doctor
(I'm sure you could think of other characteristics.)
But, I could be wrong about that.  It would be interesting to take a poll
and try to correlate it with dietary adherence.  I've noticed friends of
mine who have cascading health problems due to their inability to carry
through with even a simple diet/exercise program.  It seems that every
other aspect of their life is out of their control, too.   SC

*******
*******