Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:33:54 -0500

Hi Everyone -

I was recently visiting Phoenix, AZ and thought I'd pass on three very nice
gluten free experiences.  I have no interest in any of these
companies/restaurants, just wanted to spread the word about good options
available to us.

1 - Rustler's Rooste Restaurant:  This was a favorite of my husband and I
when we used to live in Phoenix (several years ago, and I wasn't diagnosed
yet so I ate everything.)  We wanted to visit one of our old haunts so I
emailed the restaurant about a week ahead of time.  The head chef, Eugene,
promptly wrote me back and told me they would be willing to set aside a cut
of meat for me and to serve steamed veggies and a baked potato with my
meal.  He told me to choose what meat I'd like from the menu.  When we
arrived a few days later, I informed the server of my arrangement with Eugene
and to inform the kitchen.  She reported back to me that everyone was aware
of everything and would take care of me.  The meal was wonderful, and the
manager made a point of stopping by our table to be certain all was to our
satisfaction!  Please pass on the word that Rustler's Rooste is willing to be so
accommodating for fellow celiacs!!!

2 - There is a gluten free bakery in Phoenix called Gluten-Free Creations.  The
store/location are not much, but the few items I tried were pretty tasty!
They are even willing to ship cross-country (and use freezer packs to keep
things frozen).  I love finding places like these in the USA because they are
few and far between.  I admire the owners willing to take on business
ventures like these in order to help a select group of people.  So get on out
there and try them out if you're in Phoenix, or order online!  Check out their
website:  http://glutenfreecreations.com/

3 - Picazzo's Pizza.  This place was yummy!!!  The best pizza I've had since
going gluten free.  SO easy too.  Walk in and order like anyone else.  I wish
they had them where I live.  Thanks to this listserve for alerting me about
them some time back!