From:
Jean Meagley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Meagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:59:44 -0400

Since we are doing a lot of opinions on this subject, I feel compelled to give
mine.
First:  french fries unless they are homemade or made in a dedicated
fryer/oven with fresh cut potatoes are not going to be safe from some form of
cross contamination.
Second:  since we are trying to get healthier anyway, why not just give up
the "fast food" fries from anywhere?  At home you can remove some of the
grease and use a quality oil.  The only seasoning on them will be what you
know to be safe.
I have not had fast food fries for a long time, until a couple of weeks ago.
They tasted like old grease.  I have decided not to pay for old grease anymore.
If you plan ahead, it isn't too much trouble to make fries at home.  There are
even some frozen that are safe, just read the labels.
When you are out, have a salad (minus the croutons and watch the
dressing).  I don't know about anyone else, but cutting up all those veggies
for a fresh salad is more work than cutting a potato for some fresh fries.

by-the-way...  the fast food places are not really all that fast anymore.  I
think that whole concept has been lost somewhere.  Just another opinion.