From:
Mike Pembleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pembleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:27:19 -0400

Just came back from Jamaica and didn't realize it but the Jamaicans use
Cassava for most of their bread(s), breading Etc.  My wife and I went for our
25th Anniv. and I was in total awe at the taste and freshness of all the
foods.  The fruit variations were incredible as well as the fish.   OF course we
did not do the all-inclusive thing as I prefer to find foods more to our liking and
I am glad we did.  I also tried to find out if they even grow wheat in Jamaica
and all I could find out that most of it was imported therefore they substituted
with cassava as the main ingredient.  I actually ate a whole serving of Coco
bread and did not get sick at all.  I realized after spending 8 days on the
island how bad our food production and processing is in our country.  If you
have any questions let me know !

Mike