From:
pkiesskalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
pkiesskalt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:49:14 +1100

When it arrived on my PC the fractions were stated as =BC (for 1/4), =BD
(for 1/2 and  =BE (for 3/4) - I have replaced these with the proper
fractions using figures instead of the fractions. This should come through
ok. pk

Soft Sugar Cookies- Gluten Free

2/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp milk
2 cups gluten free flour (see below *)
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum

Cream first 3 ingredients
Add egg and beat until light and fluffy
Stir in milk
Stir together dry ingredients and blend into creamed mixture
Divide dough in half and chill for one hour
Roll (slightly thick) out on lightly gluten free flour surface
Bake on greased cookie sheet  6-8 minutes at 375 degrees

( I used parchment paper and just pulled off the parchment paper and
let them cool on the parchment paper on a cooling rack)

* be careful the cookies are fragile when warm

I melted a chunk of white chocolate for the frosting and it worked out
nicely and then sprinkled with red and green sugar

I think Pillsbury cream cheese frosting is gluten free-

You may need a little gluten free flour on the rolling pin too if it sticks

FLOUR-   it says you can use any all purpose gluten free flour mix  but the
women who gave me the recipe  and I used bette hagmans flour blend:

2 cups white  rice flour

2/3 cup potato starch

1/3 cup tapioca flour

Mix the flour and store extra  in an airtight container in the fridge for
future use

These were the first cut outs I have made and I must say they were very easy
and yummy.  The cookie was a little dry without the frosting[pk]  -  but I
would
think most are.  Mark and my friends gave me an honest opinion and loved
them and the kids in ryans class gobbled them up?

Archives are at:
Http://Listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=3DCELIAC

*******
*******