Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Maureen O'Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:02:34 -0800

For Thanksgiving, I made a batch of dinner rolls from a tried and tested recipe. I've used it literally a hundred times without problems. But one pan of the rolls just collapsed when I took them out of the oven. They were dense and chewy and FLAT.

I hated to waste the ingredients, so I set the rolls aside in a ziplock. After a couple days, they had gotten good and stale. What's the traditional use for stale bread? Cheese fondue!

I cut the rolls into roughly cubes and dried them in the oven at 225F for about 25 minutes. They worked perfectly in the fondue. Any future "flops" will be treated in a similar way, as fondue is something we thought was gone for good when we went gluten-free.

Maureen