Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:24:37 EDT

Greetings, all. I wonder if I might pass along some test results -- I need
help in figuring out what's what. I went to a Doctor whom I had heard knew
something about celiac disease, (and she did know something about it) but,
unfortunately, I seemed to know more than she did. I'm sure that's not  uncommon.

In any case, the gluten test I took (IGA) turned up negative. (Not
altogether surprising in that I had been relatively gluten free for  many months.) I
feel quite convinced that I do, in fact, have celiac disease,  however. I have
many of the classic symptoms, and can tell within hours (if not  minutes) when
I have inadvertently ingested gluten. My symptoms are such that I  am
absolutely unwilling to do the "gluten challenge." I just don't want to feel  bad long
enough to get a more accurate test. Still, I wasn't anywhere near the
"equivocal" or "positive" numbers -- is that normal for a celiac who has been
relatively gluten free for many months?

Most importantly, if anyone can make sense of these test results  (especially
the IGA and thyroid peroxidase  antibodies tests) I'd appreciate the
feedback.

Thanks!
Metabolic Panel W,EGFR
Glucose 91 (a bit high)
Bilirubin 1.3 (high)
Gliadin Antibody (IGA) I tested negative @ 3 (Equivocal is 11-17,  Positive
is 17!) ???
Ferritin was a bit low (34) as was TSH (2.67)
and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies were out of range at 59 (expected is  35.)
Everything else was in range...