From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:58:27 -0600
The article Eat Like a Neanderthal which I provided links to (2 parts)
yesterday is coauthored by a nutritionalist and an anthropologist; the
latter specializes in ancient diets, evidence for which is found both in
prehistoric garbage sites and fecal matter set to stone. One conclusion to
that article is that as humans spread throughout the world, nutrition was
consistent with their environment. Added to that, glacial ages profoundly
altered diet - northern continents immersed in ice, parts of Africa
partched. In the long haul, there was never something one can call a
standard, uniform Paleo diet.