From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:00:45 -0700
Grass fed means they are pastured on grasses as Nature intended and the meat will then have the important Omega 3s that is missing from the flesh of franken-grain/feedlot fed critters.

  Cage free only means it is allowed to run in a pen but beyond that there is no difference compared to caged birds.

  Free Range can be  misleading . You need to find out if they are truely pastured  on grass or just fed some toxic man made franken-grain kibbled food in a large fenced area.

  No science has or will ever recreate all the complex and necessary elements in the food they  were designed to eat.

  HTH,
  Shirley & the Kitchen Wolves

Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I've been fortunate enough to find a local source for
grass fed only beefalo, and our supermarket carries
several varieties of cage-free eggs. But I've also
been buying free range turkey, and I'm wondering
exactly what that means.

Andrea