From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:01:23 -0700
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 08:47:09 -0700, Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I didn't mention one thing that's notably different about me compared to
> almost everyone else I know -- I keep myself active.  I work out
> regularly (weights, martial arts, "cardio", etc.), and I purposely
> engage in difficult physical tasks on a routine basis (digging ditches,
> splitting firewood, moving big rocks around, carrying bags of feed or
> buckets of water, etc).  I still think that this is one of the absolute
> best hedges against "old age" that there is.  The paleo diet appeals to
> me because it fits with what our bodies were meant to do.  Similarly,
> our bodies were meant to *move*!
>
> So it seems to me that getting the diet right is only one piece of the
> larger puzzle.

I have seen it many times; if you exercise enough, you can eat
practically anything and maintain your health.  My ex would eat
standard American meals, then follow dinner with 6 desserts. In
the summer he would drink a six-pack of soda a day.  He ran
marathons, did 100-mile bike rides, worked out with weights,
ran stairs by the hour, etc. etc. etc.  I don't know what
ever happened to him as he got older, but when I knew him
he was a paragon of health.

	Lynnet (who does NOT exercise enough)