BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:29:57 -0700
A Restoration Question:

How can I restore the clear plastic bin on my Breville Coffee Grinder to a
state of neutral static charge?

For many months after purchasing it, there was no problem at all with static
charges, but for the last several weeks whenever I grind, the little
espresso coffee grains fly all over the place, sticking to or flying from
the walls of the clear plastic bin, sticking to or flying from the stainless
steel spoon used to transport grindings from the little bin to the espresso
head, and in general making an uncontrolled mess in my tidy kitchen.   I
want control!

The static business does not show up anywhere else, such as one might find
in winter months with certain clothing or door knobs.   I assume the problem
is static and not magnetic.

With grated-ful thanks,

cp in static filled bc