From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:29:06 -0400
Richard:

My k3 was right at $1,900.  This got me the 10 watt version, two crystal
filters, and the internal antenna tuner.

This was unassembled, but with some sighted help, we assembled in about 22
hours total time.
I will eventually add the 100 watt option, and probabably the transverter
interface.  I have no transverters, but it provides some interesting antenna
rooting options.

Also will get the dvr3 forf speech when it comes out.

As for the assembly, it is all mechanical, no soldering at all.
Of those 22 hours, about 3.5 were used in inventorying and sorting the
parts.

Hope this helps you.  Any other questions, just ask.