From:
Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:20:54 -0800
    I am kinda wanting to work up this into my near future.  Yuh know, men
and their toys.  LOL

    Here is what I want to do.  Knowing that CW is no longer a requirement,
I still want to learn it and even use it.  I may also try to get General
later on this year.

    With that in mind, is the TN V71 rasio with speech added still a good
choice?  If it is, what else do I want to buy when I order this rig?
Someone here is using the Diamond X200 antenna in his attic.  I have room
for it in my room with high celiing.   Can I just stand it in a corner?  Is
its cost worth it?

    What other antennas might I consider?  I cannot mount one outside, no
place for it at all.  I do plan to get a mag mount for my HT and put that on
the filing cabinet, and take it on long road trips.  But the X200 would be
for the shack.

    The product information is sparse so not sure if a power supply would be
needed?  A programming cable of course.  A paddle?

    Its still not clear what I need to learn code with.  How does one
practice keying?  Is it done on the computer so it gives you feedback on
your accuracy and speed?

    There you have it.  With spring on the way, I may actually not do that
much as I would in winter.  But next winter is too far off.  LOL

You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/