From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:05:13 -0500
Matt:
I have the 9406 and love it.  Tuning is a bit fast, but you get used to it.
It uses a vernier type tuning mechanism which has a pointer that you can
feel.it must have some compression in the transmitter, as it packs a
surprising amount of punch for ten watts.

The price is a bit steep for a monobander, but look for one used.
Personally, I am now looking for the 9402 which is the same rig but for two
meters.

If you find it for less than $250, buy it.  You'll have a lot of fun for the
price, and it doesn't take a mammoth power supply o
Hope this helps.
r batery to run it.