From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:05:56 -0500
Tom,

First, good news on the  power supply.  Sounds like no problem.
I think your G5RV sounds typical.   Following is a link  to a site with some
computer modeling of the G5RV.  If I'm following this correctly, the first
batch of numbers shows swr's for all bands for a 102 ft. long dipole fed
with coax, or 300 ohm  twin lead, or 450 ohm ladder line.   Some of the
numbers are pretty high as you would expect.

Then comes a batch of numbers showing  that same  dipole fed with coax, but
with a 300 ohm section (typical G5rv).   You can see how the numbers change,
and the examples you gave seem to  be in this ballpark.

The G5RV is what it is, and while I used one  in the '80's, I  prefer coax
fed resonant  dipoles.  To each his own.

Here is the link:

http://www.qsl.net/k2hq/g5rv.htm

73, Steve KW3A