From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 22:56:42 -0500
    John:

The fan in the radio does come on every so often, after I've transmitted for
a while, but the hum I'm hearing is definitely coming from the power supply.
It occurs whenever I transmit in CW on 100 watts.  It actually corresponds
with the dits and dahs that I send.  If I then go to RTTY mode, and use the
PTT on the stock mic, the hum is continuous.  It starts when I key the
transmitter, and ends whenever I unkey.

And, it sounds very much like the kind of 60-cycle hum that you can hear if
you listen very closely to a transformer-type power supply like my RS35.

Again, in the Samlex, it happens when I key up, and ends when I unkey.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ