From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:28:54 -0500
Hi, all.

Well, I picked up my TS480 today, so now everyone knows what I'll be doing
for the next few days!  (grin)

But, I do have two quick questions.

I bought a 35-amp Samlex power supply to run the rig, and found that it has
an unusual kind of terminal for the DC power connection.  They are flat
terminals that are inserted into power connectors on the back of the supply,
and then tightned down by set screws.

My questions are these:

1.  What is the best way to solder the power leads onto those terminals?  I
find mo real way to get solder into the inside of the terminal where the
wires are.  I had thought of crimping the wires onto the terminals, but
since they only gave me one set, that seems kind of risky to me if something
should get damaged in the crimping process.

2.  Has anyone used the solderless screw-together-type banana plugs from Rat
Shack to fit into those power connections on the Samlex supply?  It seems
like they should make a sound electrical connection, but I'm not sure that's
what the makers of the power connections on the supply had in mind.

Would appreciate any helpful suggestions, and will let everyone know when I
get the TS480 up and running.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ