From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:55:55 -0800
Well, I had a Halicrafters sx71 and on 10 or 20 you had to keep your
transmissions fairly short, especially on cw, because if you didn't
you really had to fish around to locate the guy you were qsoing.  It
was pretty much okay on 40, but anything higher than that was a real
adventure.  And, those were the am days when long-winded qsos on 10
meters were pretty common.

I saw other receivers of about the same vintage such as the hq 129x
and they never drifted like my sx71.  I don't care how many hours
you let the thing run, it still drifted several KHz every few
minutes.

Don  w6smb