From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:43:04 -0500
Hi list:

I have a radio shack pro20-424 200 channel police scanner.  I have the software that it told me to download which is for the 2017 at least the manual told me to download and install that software and tell it that the scanner was a 2017.  It says something in the scanner's help file about running it over the internet with a sound card, but the help file is well...Unreadable.

I have the cable for connecting it to the pc through the usb port, and now I'm wondering just how do I get it to work over the net?  My computer has two sound cards in it right now, and I can put a third in it if I have to.  Has anyone used this particular scanner and software combo, and if so, have you been able to get it to work on the net aside from hooking it up to a mixer and runnign it directly into a sound card?
thanks, and 73,
Chris, w8cjs