From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 10:40:08 -0500
    Steve:

You know, I had thought about doing just what you say--running the rig off
the 12-volt supply in the rv.

In fact, we have an inverter in the motor home that could do just that.

However, my concern is that we often remain camped at one spot for several
days to maybe even a week at a time, and I worry that my use of the battery
might take the battery down too much, especially if I'm running, say, 100
watts on CW.

That's why I thought it'd be good to have a way to run it off commercial AC
power at the camp site.

I have an Astron RS35 transformer-type supply in the home shack right now
for my Icom 746, and love it.  I simply was trying to avoid having to deal
with something that heavy or bulky, although, as you say, it'd probably
eliminate the noise possibility that you'd have with the switching supply.

This is why I'm trying to think things through here.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ
73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ