From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:59:40 -0500
Motorola GTX-900 in the house, and portable a Kenwood TK481. I have the
software for the Kenwood and if I had it to do over again, I'd spend the
extra money for the Kenwood mobile, the 981 I think it is, mostly again
because I have the software though I'm getting in to the hole thing for $300
probably once I get the base antenna and coax, maybe a little more but not
much, mostly because you have to run hard line on that band. Nothing else
will do except for real short runs. Short runs might work with LMR400 or LMR
600, but anything over 50 feet, hard line is about all that won't be too
lossy. I'll be right about at 50 feet for now, but planning to put the
antenna somewhere better in the spring.