From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:13:24 -0500
Hi Tom & List;

If the portability and accessibility is that important then, I would go with
the 480.

However, if portability is not a factor then, I would go with the 2000.

The 2000 uses the same power cord and microphone configuration as most
Kenwood radios.

Also, the transmit audio is considerably better on the 2000.

The accessibility on the 480 is not that much more in terms of every day
use.

With the 2000, you could count the clicks on the knob and that will give you
your audio and power levels.

I used the 2000 and the 480 and I believe that the 2000 is by far a much
better radio both on transmit as well as receive.

Personally, I believe that the 480 is just an inferior radio.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389