From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:17:50 -0500
There's a lot of interest around here but no equipment. 1 worth while HT and
a peace of garbage mobile are all that are made for that band these days
because they're not going to make equipment for a band for 1 country. that's
the majority of the problem. there is as much interest just about as there
is in 440 but you have the THF6A, and what else? a yaesu HT that puts out
like 1/10 of a watt, and an alinco mobile, that's not enough to make it
useful especially when not many I know will touch alinco equipment and an HT
isn't going to have much range on 220. there's no commercial equipment at
all that I know of, it's actually easier to find 900 MHz equipment. IN fact
I'm going to setup on that band to play around with soon, when the radio
comes in and I get an antenna. It's harder to setup because you need the
best coax you can possibly get, thin stuff will melt, but it's easier to
find equipment to go there than it is 220 and it's better quality and
cheaper.