From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:25:40 -0400
Hi Gary,
Yes, the Onkyo TX-SR805 is a 7.1 channel surround or home theater receiver.
It has 7 130 watt amplifiers that are exceptionally low noise and low
distortion and it does have direct frequency input from the remote.  It will
also decode multi-channel audio from a HDMI signal passing through the
receiver.  It does have lots of menus, but once you initially set up the
receiver, all of the common functions are available from the remote.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn
Life is full of challenges, that's what makes it interesting!