From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 10:39:22 -0400
The frequency you want is 11.1 MHz above the bottom of the band segment you
wish to cover.  For example, for the 29.0 MHz range, you want 40.1 MHz.  I
have a few crystals plugged into my R4C which I bought at a hamfest for
unknown frequencies; they give you some coverage in places.  But the real
way to go is to get an FS4 frequency synthesizer, which gives you general
coverage reception on the R4 series receivers.  There are some spurious
because they can tend to unlock and sweep all over the place.  In fact, my
unit is doing it again.  Sometime soon I'm going to have to convince my wife
that it's time I bought a new transceiver.  But first I'm supposed to clear
some junk out of this basement.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls