From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:27:09 -0400
When I'm down there, which I will be from August 11 to the 25th, I frequent
the 146.955 repeater, pl 88.5  another one that's decent but tough to hit
with an HT from a lot of places unless you're way on cape is 146.655, same
tone if they're using it. There's a nice network on 440 as well but no one
ever hardly uses it and now that they had to turn most of the repeaters down
to 5 watts, I hear it may be pulled off the air soon. There are other
repeaters in the area, but that 146.955 covers the hole cape plus and when
I'm there, that's the one I'm found on. If you're interested, that used to
have echolink on it, I have no clue if it's up again or not, they had a lot
of trouble over the winter with the repeater and stuff and didn't get it up
and going to 100% again until a month or so ago. Personally I think the
majority of the problems come on that machine when echolink is up. It's a
very good machine though and the people on it are good. When are you going?
will you be there when I am? if so, let's meet up or something. I'll be
there August 11 to 25 and will be on that repeater, pretty much every night
and morning, all but when I'm on the beach. To those interested, I'm trying
something a little different on HF this year too that might be a little more
fun so I'll probably be on HF, 10 through 40 at least.