From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:47:05 -0400
Tom,

Selective startup is a good idea, but be careful.  Make sure you don't cut
out programs the system needs to work properly.  Just because you or your
XYL don't know what a program or service does doesn't mean it isn't
important to the functioning of your system.

While you're at it, you might want to check the registry.  It can get
fragmented, or clogged with entries that are no longer useful.  A good
registry checker is Registry First Aid.  Google it, and you'll probably find
the Web site.

Steve

Steve