Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 02:26:26 -0700
From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
I don't understand why any discussion is banned here anyway (I mean, to a point, of course), because some people have no freaking clue what Paleo is, like I didn't when I first came here.  I still don't think I agree with the whole thought of Paleo, maybe only because I don't completely understand, but that is my point.  If someone cannot ask a question, even if it's "stupid", then why would people bother??  I bother because I like you guys and I think you are intelligent and you give me a lot to think about, but some people, including me, really don't want to go through five hundred million archives...they would rather just ask a simple question in "real time" and have it answered.

Case in point...as you probably know, I co-own a rawfeeding list for dogs, cats, etc.  And at one point, my friends and I got so sick and tired of answering the same damn questions over and over that we considered closing the group.  But we just couldn't, after much discussion.  Because we remembered how scared and uninformed we were when we first started doing this, so it's not fair to other newcomers.  Yes, it gets old answering the same old sh*t, but I figure it's sort of like volunteer work, but I don't have to leave the house, lol.

I see the major benefits with my own dogs, so I want to pass that on to others, and I don't have the heart to say "Go read the archives".  Again, most people don't have the patience for that.  So I figure that talking about something short-term, even if it's old news to ME, is worth something to THEM.

And I didn't realize we weren't allowed to talk about milk in here, lol.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Love,
Bren, who is not really all that patient, but tries really hard :)

I don't recommend the Paleonu site because I think it's the last word on nutrition. I recommend it because Kurt Harris keeps the level of discussion pretty high, and evidence-based. Arguments against dairy wouldn't be off-limits there.

Todd Moody