Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:22:06 -0700
From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
>  Forgetting about its psychotropic and addictive effects for
> a moment, we know for a start that the stuff is a trigger for
> migranes, asthma, and there's no one who denies that if you
> have IBS you need to avoid it
> altogether.   It personally gives me pause.
>
> Interesting conversation, guys.
>
> Jim

You're right. It is a very interesting conversation. Has anyone looked at
chocolate's tendency to induce hypertension and thyroid disease through its
tyramines? Apparently monoamine oxidize (MAO) is used to degrade the
tyramines in chocolate. There may be no more MAO left for degrading and
wasting used thyroid hormones and catecholamine.  Because MAO contains
copper, those who are deficient or have marginal stores of this trace
mineral may be more susceptible to thyroid problems, hypertension, etc.
resulting from the tyramines in the chocolate they eat.

Best Wishes,
Ron