Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:22:27 -0600
7bit
From:
Kathryn Rosenthal wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "steve" <[log in to unmask]>

I found Repunzel quite tasty, but decided to avoid dutch processed
chocolate because of heating and the alkalizing agent that is added
which reduces the flavonols and fiber content.  I once bought a case of
6 pounds of Repunzel and when I found a raw organic cocoa source, cut
back on the Repunzel using only a little at a time added to the raw
cocoa so that I could use it up.  Also milk deactivates some of the
flavonols so it's never part of my mix.

All in all, even sugar based chocolate with a much smaller amount of
chocolate flavonols and therobromine still has a net positive effect
strong enough to clearly overcome the down side of the added sugar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_process_chocolate

Steve