BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The listserv that doubts." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:20:50 -0400
From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
c,

I love it.

And then there is the measure in Drews and Laibs. Laib was too tall to
fit through the access hole that we cut in the wall. I was too wide. The
lift we needed on one job was 6 Drews tall.

One thing we have learned in doing a probe is to ignore the 2' x 2'
dimension the engineer sketches on the envelope (if we are so lucky as
to get a sketch) but to look at the engineer's head and make sure that
the hole we make is large enough for them to rotate without grabbing a
piece of wire mesh or other nasty obstruction in the face. Their
tendency of focus to grab information as quickly as possible often
precludes ultra-safe work practice. "Hey, you want these goggles?" We
aim to deliver our engineers whole and intact without undue scratches or
cuts from the exploratory process.

Recent news in NYC was to effect of building work sites burning (One
Liberty Plaza) due to work site smoking habits. Which brings up that
union workforce is obviously better as to safety as they are more than
willing to take the time to go outside to smoke whereas non-union
workforce tends to be ignorant of smoke-safety work practice in that
non-protected they will keep tearing out asbestos while chain smoking.

][<