Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:46:27 -0400
Hi.

Most of the all mode and all mode dual band radios will be in the used
market at this point as most companies are now including 2 meters and 70 cm
on at least one of their HF rigs in lieu of an actual all mode 2 meter or
all mode dual band radio.

On the used market, the following radios are quite accessible:

Kenwood TS711A (uses VS1 voice synthesizer and TU5 tone encoder).  This is
a 2 meter all mode radio, 25 watts.

Kenwood TS811A (uses VS1 synthesizer and TU5 tone encoder).  This is an all
mode 70 cm radio.

Kenwood TR751A (uses VS1 voice synthesizer and TU7 tone encoder).  This is
a 25 watt 2 meter mobile all mode radio.  Excellent receiver sensitivity,
and PL tones do voice through the synthesizer on this model.

Kenwood TR851A.  (uses VS1 voice synthesizer).  This radio covers the 430
to 440 MHz portion of the 70 cm band.  Good for weak signal work, but
doesn't cover the repeater subbands.

Kenwood TS790A.  (Uses Kenwood VS2 voice synthesizer).  Dual band 2 meter
and 70 cm all mode.  PL tones voice through synthesizer.  Very good
receiver.  Runs 45 watts on 2 meters, and 35 watts UHF.  Superb radio if
you can find one.

Kenwood TS2000S.  (Uses VS3 synthesizer).  HF plus 6 meters, 2 meters, and
70 cm.  PL tones do not voice, but detented knob and reference beeps make
it easy to figure out what tone you are encoding.  Also Kenwood programming
software is JAWS friendly.

This is probably not an exhaustive list, but these are the radios that I've
used, and know that they work for someone who is blind.

Hope this helped.

73, de Lou K2LKK