Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:44:07 -0500
Hi.

Well, on 80 meters, I get almost 110 watts out of the TS690S, and it draws
about 21 amps.  I've never measured the TS2000S, but suspect it isn't quite
as thirsty.  It only puts out about 95 watts or so.  My old Kenwood TS680S
was the worst--about 140 watts out on 80 meters and a solid 22 amp
draw.  My point is that some of these radios run a little richer than their
power ratings and if you get one that puts out more than the rated power,
it probably draws a bit more current.

73, de Lou K2LKK