Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 11:17:08 -0500

Hi All--

Thanks so much to everyone who responded! Probably the most surprising and
exciting information for me was that we can have Chick-fil-A's charbroiled
chicken breast and waffle fries! The fries are cooked in a dedicated fryer.
But everyone's information was appreciated and I hope it will be helpful for
others. [If a link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it into your
browser] You might find some information between different replies
contradictory, such as "Don't eat the grilled chicken breast at Wendy's" in
one reply and the grilled chicken breast on a list of safe items in another.
In this case, the grilled chicken breast at Wendy's is on the website as GF.
If anyone has any questions re: the safety of an item, please contact the
restaurant for clarification.

There were two (2) responses too lengthy to include in this summary, but
extremely detailed and helpful. If anyone would like these additional two
_____
 http://celiac.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
(this has a ton of information on restaurants with gluten free options)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/45039/glutenfree_fast_food_at_mcdonalds_wendys.html

http://www.triumphdining.com/

http://huntsville.about.com/library/bloutback9.htm

I personally eat at McDonalds.  Also, Friendly's and Wendy's.  Wendy's and
McDonalds both have online versions of their gluten free menus and so does
Burger King.
_____
Places I go:
Chick-fil-A - their Chargrilled Chicken salad is GF and their fries are
cooked in a dedicated fryer.
McDonalds - I know there is some debate over the fries, but I'm fine with
them and eat them as well as the walnut and yogurt salad.  Do not eat the
grilled chicken.
Arby's - baked potatoes with toppings.  Do not eat the grilled chicken
Burger King - the grilled chicken salad was GF last time I checked
Panera - they have an Asian Chicken salad that if the wonton strips are
held, it's GF.
Wendy's - baked potato, chili, and small side salad.  Grilled chicken is not
ok.
Quizzno's - I've had subs made off of the bread.
Subway - they'll make any sub into a salad
_____
You probably already know about McDonald's, whenever I travel they are one
of my staples. I often get the hamburger or cheseburger wrapped in lettuce
plus a side salad and for a real spurge, their hot fudge sundae. Also their
coffee is very good.
_____
Go to www.alamoceliac.org and click on Defensive Dining.  Then on the right,
click on Fast Food.  There should be some of the same companies available
where you live.
_____
 The first address will get you to the Sillyaks website.   You'll need to
join (at no cost) in order to get further into the site.  However, I think
that the second address will get you directly to their listing of a huge
number of national chain restaurants.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oE01RqKpot7oBNunEz9cbZLS7Gycgq_4XCnWM_Q-vpl4euWzUVGVlR9nYQICejrIPbVfssne2ond5lXPPKR71tYXrl9-gyTj/230%20Gluten%20Free%20Restaurant%20Menus/SillyYaks%20RESTAURANT%20GUIDEBOOK%20as%20of%20January%2029%202007.pdf

_____
When my college daughter doesn't have time to cook, she will get:

Taco Bell's hard shell tacos and refried beans
Wendy's baked potato and chili - eat it separately or together
McDonald's French fries
Chili's nachos

And she found a local health food store with a deli that will make her tuna
salad and chicken salad. She then buys a tub to go.
_____
[One person suggested crockpot meals, which I do, but for those of us with
limited freezer space, too many crockpot dishes aren't practical]

Its hard to find affordable, easy and gluten free.  Esp. if you aren't a
salad person.  McD's Big Breakfast works in the AM, if they still make it.
_____
My website www.glutenfreeinsd.com has information about quite a few fast
food restaurants.  Hopefully some are in your area.
_____
I have had good luck getting a "double whopper w/bacon and cheese, no bun"
at Burger King. They have a plastic container they put mine in.  Don't trust
the fries, however, I got a chicken wing tip in mine once. The rotisserie
chicken at my Kroger is great, just watch what kind it is,
and be sensible.  There are premade salads, too, so you can easily make it a
fast food stop.
Boston Market has been reliable, too.  I don't have their gf list at hand,
but you can eat in or take out.

*******
*******