THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
June Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:55:28 -0500
Hello, Edward anc everyone. I haven't posted before, but Edward's account
of his experience with his doctor interested me. I had a similar
confrontation with my GP a few days ago. He, too, was upset because of my
low TSH. Please understand that I like this doctor, and hope to continue on
with him. He has helped me in the past. Like Edward's doc, he tells me that
I simply can't feel good with a TSH of 0.03 which indicates to him that I
am extremely hyper. Any problem I have from now on will be attributed to
this low TSH.

He tells me that he has to go by what he was taught in medical school. I
countered that all the docs who are now treating thyroid problems
differently likely had the same training as he, but had to change their
thinking if they wanted to feel well and help their patients. In spite of
the fact that he seemed upset, at least the conversastion was civil, unlike
the one with my previous GP. But I think it's fair to say that I put him on
the spot.

Then I made what might be a critical mistake. I gave him a download from
the internet, a paper by Dr. John Lowe where he evaluates the presumptions
of the Endocrinology Speciality, among them the dangers of T3. I had been
carrying this paper all along to appts. hoping for the right opportunity to
give it to him. Goodness knows how my next appointment will go! I may be
looking for another doctor again. So, Edward, please don't think that I am
recommending this tactic. It may backfire!

http://www.drlowe.com/frf/t4replacement/critique2.htm

June Sampson

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.