THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:58:38 EST
In a message dated 1/6/2005 12:00:53 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Eight years of struggling with pig-headed =
doctors resolved in five minutes by someone who believed me!  It was =
great!  And the reason she believed me, was because she has Hashimotos =
Thyroiditis too (antibodies attacking the thyroid-hypothyroidism)! >>>>
That is truly interesting. Part of the reason I am so obsessed with the
Thyroid/Adrenal thing is that those illnesses tortured and killed members of my
family, and damaged more years of my life than I can remember.

A minister I once took care of was thanking me for the good care that I had
given him, his wife, and daughter.

I am not sure if I was baiting the poor guy or looking for some help myself,
but I offhandedly said, "Yeah, I seem to do best treating things that I
survived. Sometimes I wondered if that it why all those bad things happened.

Other times, I feel that this is just a random universe, and I am trying to
make lemonade out of too many lemons that I have been given. Either way, I
don't think that I like it."

By that time, I was choking back tears. Bitterness is, too often, a big part
of recovery from Hypothyroidism. Your brain begins working well enough to let
you see how bad things are, but not well enough to fix them over night.

So then, he turned to me and said, "For me, God either blesses or Redeems. If
it is something good, I'm just grateful knowing that it was intended for me.
And if it is painful, I take some consolation in knowing that someday, in
someway, it will help me or someone else."

He gave me one of the most powerful changes in attitude I ever had. What he
said changed nothing, but it changed everything for me.

There is all the difference in world if you feel that your Higher Power is
saying, "suffer and die," versus asking, "I need some help with Redemption,
would you mind?"

Doc Don

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!