THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Ramsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:05:39 EDT
I, too, heard about the "tumor" theory from the med school teacher doctors
who insisted my lack of TSH proved I was not hypothyroid.  They believed that
only too much thyroid hormone or a tumor would prevent the TSH from being
produced.  One of my doctor friends copied a page from a text at the same
medical school that listed several reasons why TSH might be negligible.  I
can't find that page now -- three moves later.

The next endo was more willing to treat the patient, but he only wanted to
treat the symptoms that fit in his idea box.  He was not intersted in
possible causes and more effective solutions.  That would be going outside
the box.

The family member who also has negligible TSH but is severely hypothyroid
went through the CAT scans (because of loss of memory).  No tumor.  Why would
two people in the same family, diagnosed hypothyroid at different times by
different doctors, both long time hypothyroid, have negligible TSH?  Maybe
something else is involved.   Two friends go to chiropractors who believe
everything starts with misalignment of the back.  I don't totally buy that,
but both the family member and I have similar scoliosis.  I am wondering if
there is a connection.  Are there minerals or other nutrients that may be
lacking (lack of absorption or consumption) in people with negligible TSH?
Are there prenatal factors that affected our pituitaries?  Does the length of
time a person has had to take thyroid hormones have an effect on TSH
production?

SloMoPeg

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]