THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrea Briand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:38:26 -0500
I can't commoen to much on no TSH with mid normal free T3/T4.  I know that
last fall my TSH was low (but still regiterable).  Within a couple of
months, it was less than .05....At that time my free T4/T3 were low end of
normal.  Within weeks, my free T4/T3 had dropped dramatically.  Then I was
left with low hormones and no TSH.

Doc Don explained that the TSH is very innacurate test to start with, if
the pituitary is not functioning properly, there would not be a high TSH.
Also he said that there are litterally a million reasons why a person might
be low thyroid and have no TSH.  But I don't know how it applies if the
thyroid hormones are "normal".....or if your tests are accurate to begin
with.....we all know how accurage thyroid tests are!  Or at least, we know
it can be a while before blood tests reveal a true thyroid problem.

Andrea

>I have a similiar situation in that my tsh is very below normal while
FT3/FT4 are mid-range.  My doc says this happens with a few people but he
doesn't know why.  I sure would like to understand this.  Anyone know what
causes this phenomenon?  (My tsh increases with med decreases and I am not
on a large amount of thyroid meds.)

>Deb

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]