THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 04:42:37 EDT
 Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
>  "It's the chemistry of the body that tells me what to do rather than how
> patients feel," said Dr. Robert Volpe, a Toronto endocrinologist and
> professor emeritus at the University of Toronto. "What we aim for is normal
> chemistry in the body, not testimonials from patients."

Definition of tyranny from www.dictionary.com, "Absolute power, especially
when exercised unjustly or cruelly: “I have sworn... eternal hostility
against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” (Thomas Jefferson)."

That's what the upper echelon of medicine is trying to exercise, tyranny.
In the USA so far they've done it by misinformation, making the doctors
believe that thyroid kills.  It's more deadly and harmful than Fen-phen,
ritalin, Claritin, Singulair and lots of other things you can get without a
blood test showing your chemistry is abnormal.  And these things are known to
kill people.   So, they say thyroid can be bad for your heart.  (A real lie,
low thyroid will damage your heart, clog your arteries and when low thyroid
is the cause of your heart failure, they don't list the real cause of
death.),  You think the drugs I listed are good for your heart?  Claritin's
known side effects include, "Hypertension, hypotension, palpitations,
supraventricular tachyarrhythmias, syncope, tachycardia."   These are not
good things either and much more real than the probability of heart problems
caused by too much thyroid.  A similar medicine, Seldane was causing people
to drop dead so they took it off the market.  What's that mean, they were
really different or the deaths were easier to trace?  If you have an asthma
inhaler, you can drop dead any time you use it.

They're lying to us about safety.   It works in the USA too, you know the
philosophy that if you don't wear your seat belt for your own good, then you
can get a ticket.   Before seatbelts were popular I made people riding in my
car buckle up, which wasn't always popular, people got mad at me for it.  But
I've heard little public outcry about the law.  If thyroid medication isn't
safe, doctors just can't prescribe it, it would be opposed to our own good
and it doesn't matter what we think.  I do know the doctor who diagnosed me
cut me to two grains.  When I increased to 3, which cured my sleep apnea, she
told me too much is bad for the heart.  When I told her that my blood
pressure had gone down with the increase, she said it could still be bad for
my heart.   I ran that past Doc Don, he didn't know how, and it makes sense
to me that if it is bad for your heart it would increase blood pressure or do
something else negative, and it doesn't.  Unless you really are on too much.
 My wife was at the point where her blood pressure suddenly went up and the
doctor demanded that she get it treated.  But then she went to Doc Don and on
18 grains of Armour (1080 mg, it's an awsome amount, I have trouble believing
it), her blood pressure and pulse returned to normal.   Dr. Derry told Doc
Don that the number of deaths each year from thyroid overdose is -0-, the
organs in the presence of too much thyroid hormone will down regulate their
acceptance of it so it doesn't harm them.   I don't remember the amount but
Greg deGuzman sent a posting through one time about the large size of
someone's thyroid overdose , and  if he was trying to commit suicide It
didn't work, the person took a record amount of thyroid and didn't die.

Even starting off people may not be that sensitive, at least on Armour.  It
sounds a bit shaky to me but Barnes mentioned someone who gave patients in
Africa 5 grains of Armour to start and carefully monitored their blood
pressure, and his study found it went down.  I assume it went down
eventually, I started off on to much Synthroid and it gave me temporary high
blood pressure.  And Dr. Derry starts some off on 3 grains.  Maybe the ones
in good health, because he thinks that's the level at which the thyroid is
suppressed, for some it's enough, for others they need to continue upward.

As for the heart problems, my wife had Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) diagnosed
by a cardiologist.  The cardiologist she visited under Doc Don's care said
she doesn't have it anymore.  If anyone has read Ronald Hoffman's booklet on
MVP, it talks of MVP syndrome and what carbohydrates can do to that kind of
person.   They don't have nearly the effect anymore.  Acttually the Syndrome
that goes along with MVP is a long list of thyroid symptoms, and this is
another ailment Mary Shomon says is more commonly associated with hypo
thyroidism.

Dr. Robert Volpe doesn't care how the patient feels, so he's trying to add
his opinion to that of the College.  Perhaps because Derry knows so much more
than him.  Yes, my doctor said I was fine at my level of thyroid medication
one time, it was the blood chemistry that counted.  But as I increased I lost
sleep apnea, the rheumatoid she diagnosed in my hip joints, the
costochondritis she diagnosed which is inflammation of the cartilage around
the sternum, and many other symptoms.  They would not have gone away just
because my "chemistry was normal."

These people have their own agenda and it's close to tyranny.  They don't
care how we feel because if the labs show our thyroid is normal then it will
keep up medical billings.   Yes, if they treated everyone with thyroid
symptoms with Armour Thyroid, as much as one could tolerate without going
hyper, the medical industry would be in a severe recession and the population
would be healthier.   I mean lets face it, when I've seen asthma, allergies,
plantar fascitis, costochondritis, stunted growth, anorexia, depression,
brain fog, slurred speech, and a lot of other medical conditions go away with
treatment, Of the thousands upon thousands of dollars I spent for medical
care, only a small fraction was necessary, somewhere in the neighborhood of a
thousand a year, and I was paying that much just for prescriptions.

Their trying to acheive tyranny in secret in the USA and blatantly in the UK
and Canada.  . We have battles here too, just not as large as
Durrant-Peatfield and Derry.  I know one doctor who was chased out of a
nearby town because he treated Wilson's Syndrome and did chelation.   He was
forced out of the state at least.  I've heard New York has done the same many
times.

skipper Beers

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!