THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Debbie J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:11:14 -0500
Andrea Briand writes:
"I had a lot of trouble getting
treatment because my TSH level was non existant.  To some doctors this
meant I was very hyper thyroid and needed thyroid suppressants.  But my
symptoms AND my free T4 and free T3 told otherwise.  Even though my T4/T3
were low, I could not get help because of the blasted TSH."

I have a similiar situation in that my tsh is very below normal while FT3/FT4 are mid-range.  My doc says this happens with a few people but he doesn't know why.  I sure would like to understand this.  Anyone know what causes this phenomenon?  (My tsh increases with med decreases and I am not on a large amount of thyroid meds.)

Deb

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8