THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosemary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 16:11:31 EDT
Thank you for the good information, Doc Don; on the CA125 and other re:
thyroid.   I will contact you later on.  My concern is that I am being
undertreated for my hypothyroid; which is causing so many of my problems.  He
has ordered a sleep study for me...because he doesn't want to change mmy meds
if indeed all I have is sleep apnea (which he feels might be causing my
breathing problems, headaches, tiredness, fogginess, etc.).  After reading
what Skipper Beers said about choking, and breathing issues due to a swelling
for un- or undertreated hypo situations, this just really alarms me.  I DO
choke on my food on occasion.  At this point, should I just make an
appointment with an enndocrinologist (probably have to drive 200 miles one
way)...for thyroid issues?  OR, should I go to an internist or ob-gyn or
WHAT...so I can get started on figuring out what is wrong?  I hesitate going
to another GP....

Rosemary
SD

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.