ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:27:21 -0600
     I was listening to a morning talk show here in Denver as I
drifted in and out of sleep.  This was Monday but some of it
occurred on Tuesday as well.  the talk show host is a man who has
been in the business over 30 years and is well liked and he gets
top ratings.  He rides Harly motorcycles with a bunch of guys,
some cops, some accountants, bankers, and just about every walk of
life is represented in their bike riding group.  In fact, he and
his group put together a motorcycle ride from Denver up to Bailey,
Colorado when that man, about a year ago, shot and killed a
teenage Christian girl before killing himself.  They raised a
bunch of money and it was quite the news at the time.  Anyhow,
this guy's name is Peter that runs the talk show.  He told this
story that happened just last weekend.  He walked into a
McDonald's to get a Egg Mac Muffin.  There was a black guy in
front of him so they both stood in line waiting.  The lady running
the counter only spoke Spanish.  This is getting to be quite
common in Denver.  So, after a few minutes of not understanding
that the black guy was ordering a double cheese burger, the lady
called for help.  Another woman, who supposedly knows English,
walked up but she too was unable to understand what the black man
was trying to order.  They motioned for him to step to the side
and they would get somebody to help him.  I guess, somebody who
speaks American English or something.  Anyhow, Peter steps up, and
wouldn't you know, the two women together don't know what an Egg
Mac Muffin is, or at least they couldn't understand Peter's
English.  Both men walk out in total discussed, without their
orders, and Peter, although he knew it would make the Clear
channel station management mad, he said he would never enter a
McDonald's place again.  So, I believe it was Tuesday morning,
Peter is on from 5 until 9 every day in the mornings, a woman
called in to give her McDonald's story.  She goes into the place
and before placing an order, decides she is going to use the
bathroom or restroom or lady's room or whatever the politically
correct term is these days.  The lady telling the story said she
came out of her stall, now get a hold of yourself, and the stall
immediately next to her's opens and out comes an employee of
McDonald's.  The woman telling the story said she noticed the
woman was an employee, because the lady was wearing a McDonald's
shirt which identified her as one of the company employees, but
she also still had her plastic cellophane gloves on her hands.  So
the woman obviously worked in food preparation but she was still
wearing the gloves as she was in the stall.  How do I know this?
The woman on the radio talk show said she tried speaking to the
woman but the woman could not speak English, if you know what I
mean, and both women walked to the sinks together.  The non
English speaking woman turned on the water and ran water over her
plastic gloved hands.  The woman telling the story, turned around,
walked out, and said she would never eat in a place like that
again.  She also reported the incident to company authorities but
you know that won't change anything.  Now, even if this story is a
lie, it will make you stop and think before eating at a fast food
place ever again.  Like Peter said on his show, have you seen the
price of fast food going down since they are hiring illegals who
don't have to be paid minimum wage?  No, of course, I know that
not all are illegal just because they don't speak American
English.  Give me a break.  You call me a racist and I will
introduce you to my to mixed race grandsons, part Afro American,
Part black, and part American Indian, grandsons whom I love as
much as the rest of my grandchildren.  So drop that bilge right
now because the race card isn't what we are playing right now.

     I recall the last time we, as a family, called in some food
and went and picked it up, we all got sick, mildly, but sick
regardless, the next day.  I stopped eating at Taco Bell months
ago because I loved their chicken chaloopas, After getting sick to
my stomach three times in a row.  I stopped eating those types of
tacos but now I'm worried about eating anything else from there.

     Secondly, did you know the McDonald's are testing outsourcing
in the drive up order lane?  That's right.  They are funneling
calls from your car as you order in the drive up lane, to a call
center where people can supposedly speak English.  At the moment,
250 stores are involved but what do you bet this sticks?  They
also, at these drive up windows, have a digital camera that looks
at you and your car so when you pull up, the person can inform the
store that the blue car is the one that owes the 14.25 or whatever
they owe.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

     Not too long ago, Vicki and John took Sandy and I out to eat
at a nice place.  We deliberately waited till a certain lady
could be our waitress because John and Vicki had been to this
place many times and she always gave wonderful service.  So, after
we had ordered and been waiting, for some time, the waitress comes
over and informs us that she had gone back to the cooking area and
using what little Spanish she had learned from others, got the
cook to speed our order up.  She said, A little Spanish goes a
long ways in this town.

     When my daughter Gretchen was getting mixed up with drugs and
alcohol, she worked as a manager at a Wendy's.  She often handled
the drive up window because, she said, she had learned enough
Spanish to take orders.  Plus, she was able to communicate back to
the all Spanish speaking crew and indicate which orders went to
which car.  That's right.  She had a totally non English speaking
crew.  She told me even back then, and this was at least four
years ago, that even most of the drive up customers were not able
to speak English.

     Does this bother you?

     My youngest son owns a drapery design shop.  Decorators bring
them orders and they do all the work.  Sometimes he does installs
as well but mostly that is handle by someone else the decorator
has hired.  A couple of years ago, before my son became the owner
and worked just as one of the family employees, the cousin who
owned the business hired, dare I say it, he hired a young
Afghanistan man.  The eventually were forced to fire him.  Why?
He literally did not know the ethics of using the bathroom
properly.  The crew got sick and tired of having to clean up
after him.  Yes, they tried explaining things to him.  No, I am
not making this up.  Like I said before, does this bother you.
How many of the  12 million, or more, illegals living in this
country have come across the border with all the required
vaccinations we received as children?  For that matter, how many
of the 1.5 million coming over the southern boarder every year
have the required vaccinations?  Does it matter to you?  they say
that we approve, legally, 1.5 million immigrants each year.  I
have a friend who, along with his whole family, just became an
American citizen.  Consider this next question.  How many is
enough?  12 million, 15 million, 20 million, a hundred million?
Do we place a limit do to our resources or do we just open our
borders, well, they are already open, and let everybody come?
Explain to me why congress can't even pass a comprehensive
immigration law?  What about the one the congress passed in the
eighties during the Reagan administration?  Why isn't it working
or being enforced?  We now need another one?  If you think just
Hispanics are coming over the southern border, think again.  They
may be the majority but every national un Heaven uses that same
border to enter the United Sates or doesn't that matter to you?
Is the American culture changing for the better?  If so, why are
English speaking Americans in this area taking night courses in
the Spanish language just so they can order food from fast food
joints?  There are signs up in front of buildings all over Denver,
or are printed in the newspapers, that say, Spanish Speaking Only,
or Bilingual Only.  Even some of the local government jobs
requirements are the same.  So these are the jobs American won't
do Mr. President?  One of my older sisters has been a Registered
Nurse for over 35 years and is nearing retirement.  She works a
lot of Emergency Room shifts.  She has learned enough Spanish to
at least find out why the person is coming to the hospital.  By
the way, they are coming free.  Excuse me.  That's wrong.
American tax payers are covering the bill.  That means you.  I ask
again, does that bother you?  Are you looking forward to becoming
the North American Union?  Are you looking forward, once an
emigration bill is finally passed, of increasing your taxes to
cover the estimated 75 billion, with a B, to take care of those
who will be supported by your government or did you think all the
illegals crossing the border were just coming for good jobs?
Stopping the Iraq war won't help even solve that problem.  So
where do we eat now?  What about the unions when 12 or 15 or 20 or
100 million new workers, if you believe they come here to work,
don't want to join?  Of course, this could be a hay day for the
unions, huh?  Maybe an excellent voting block, too, but getting
all these people who will do the jobs for less money that
American's won't do.  Who ever said that in the first place, I
wonder?  How do they know that anyhow?  Just curious but then I'm
a racist I suppose.

Please click on the following White House Presidential Directive
NSPD 51 and weep when you realize what has been done without
congress even knowing about it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html