From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:03:32 -0700
I have been really busy this weekend and I have avoided replying to this topic.

And although I have read "Marianne's Rules of Newsgroup Survival (yes, off topic)"  I need to get out what is in my head.

I am a Christian and have been in regular attendance at my church for 5-years.  I also run the audio visual department at the church and I am the web master for the church web site.  Some may think that Paleo could be in conflict with Creationism and would be more suited to a Darwinist.  But Darwinism is an entire different topic.

I do always Capitalize God's name, and Him when I am referring to the Lord.
I have seen many insults on believers and Christianity and Judaism.  But for William not to capitalize God can not be categorized as "shockingly offensive".  It does show lack of respect for God, but it does not  become "shockingly offensive."

Gale's points are correct: Rape = shockingly offensive, Murder = shockingly offensive, Child abuse/pornography, Genocide.

However Gale, please realize that some may be over sensitive do to the way the media distorts information or simply does not cover it.   If a woman is raped by a Muslim because she is a Christian, it never makes the news. When Christians are murdered by Muslims it never makes the news.  I actually once came across an Islamic web site in which an Imam was explaining that married Muslim men raping non Muslim female prisoners was not 'cheating' on your wife!  Hey, where is Matt Laurer on this story? However, if one soldier out of 150,000 uses a Quoran for target practice it is news for a week.

Not back to Jim: We can not force William or Gale or anyone else to respect the God of the Bible any more than we can be forced to respect Allah.  In fact I do think it is not Biblical.  We are told in Matthew 10:14: If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home."

We are called to live our lives in such a way that others will want to have what we have and want to know what we know.  This is the area where many Christians fall down on their face.  They live in such a way as to bring dishonor to the Lord.  It is common to ask: "How many people will be in Heaven because of you?"  That is supposed to mean how many people did you tell about the Lord Jesus Christ.  However, we may have to fear, "How many people won't be in Heaven because they knew us and didn't like what they saw and rejected God. Ever since Pentecost we have been God's ambassadors here on Earth.  How well have we done?