From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:44:17 -0500
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:29:02 -0500, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I've heard of people feeding pets a vegetarian diet.  In fact I once
> shared a house with a couple that looked after a dog - neither of them
> were vegetarian but the girl insisted that dry cereal food was all a dog
> needed.  The look of excitement it gave me every time I offered a bit of
> sausage suggests otherwise...

You're right that a dog's natural diet is meat.  I just wanted to point
out that their excitement over a food doesn't necessarily mean it's good
for them.  My dog will excitedly eat just about *anything* that I hand to
her (she is particularly fond of ice cubes).  I think they're somewhat
like children in that regard (and most adults, for that matter) -- if it's
interesting or fun to eat, they'll eat it, with no regard for whether or
not it's good for them.

--
   Robert Kesterson