From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:52:54 +0100
I've been buying Green & Blacks 85% chocolate for ages now.  I prefer
the 100% stuff, but it's 3-4x more expensive, and I can live with
eating 15g of sugar now and again.  But not any more.  Because they've
started adding WHOLE MILK POWDER to it.  You know, the stuff that
comes from cows to make MILK chocolate.

I couldn't believe my eyes, but it's even on their website
http://www.greenandblacks.com/uk/productdetails.php?pageid=27&cid=6&pid=86&ingredients=yes

I'm milk intolerant, so I'm fanatical about avoiding dairy products
(although after 4 years, I expect my body's reaction to milk has died
down a bit).

I've checked, and they now put milk in all their dark chocolate.
WHY????  Is it because it's addictive ( not like chocolate of
course :) )?  Or is there another reason?

I used to think of G&B as a model of food production*, clearly now
they are under new management (well, not that new), that has gone out
of the window

Ashley

* they've always used soya, but very few chocolate manufacturers don't
- Lindt doesn't, but they don't do organic