From:
Trish Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:45:17 +0000
Hi William;

Thanks for the article. As a diabetic I am concerned about higher susceptibility  to viruses and infections.

It has been almost 17 months since I really focused on eating paleo. Oddly, last year was such a terrible year for me health wise. I think my body was going through so much change from eating a highly poisonous "modern" diet of processed grains, sugars and chemicals to the much healthier paleo way of eating. Bring diabetic, my body reacts slower than non diabetics.

Last year I spent 10 months suffering from one illness after the other. Especially lung issues like pneumonia. I have never been so sick in my life. The year prior I was struggling with out of control diabetes, eating a standard ADA diet plan, which I think made me worse.

I think that my body detoxed a bit. This past winter I was prepared for the worst. However I didn't catch even a sniffle.

I am positive eating paleo is paying off for me big time. Even my seasonal allergies and asthma are much less severe this year.

I still have a long way to go regarding weight loss. But its coming slowly, as it should.

I think the best prevention is always to eat healthy so the body has adequate resources to defend against these epidemics.

Today my glucose was, for me, a very good 151 after eating. Coming from readings in the 400-500 range, this is simply amazing. This is even without my meds.

My body is still adjusting to low glucose. I am hypoglycemic at anything lower than 100 still. But I am adjusting. I hope that as the year progresses my body will have accommodated to even lower glucose levels.   When the b body is flooded with such high glucose, it has to learn to get energy from fat rather than carbs.

I have suffered intense migraines and even palpitations since I changed to paleo, but my blood work looks great, and I am now seeing the benefits of this WOE.

I have even recruited my diabetic. Mother who is now on her second week.

Thanks-

Trish